Grace Hopper Application Draft
By submitting this application you agree that everything has been answered truthfully. If we discover otherwise then you will be immediately removed from consideration.
Are you over 18?
Type of Student:
Major(we can only take EECS students):
- Computer Science
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Information Technology
Do you plan on presenting a poster at the Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing?
If yes, what will you be presenting on?
Have you attended the Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing in the past?
If you have attended in the past, how did you attend?
- with WEECS
- by scholarship(specify which)
- funded by company
- funded by the school/school organization
- other(please specify)
Short Answer Questions
You are required to answer questions 1-3 OR questions 1 & 4.
- In 1-2 paragraphs, talk about your involvement in WEECS or in the EECS department. Have you volunteered with us or attended any events? Are you currently doing EECS research (graduate or undergraduate)?
- In 1-2 paragraphs, please explain why you want to attend the Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing. What do you wish to gain from the conference, and how do you think it will benefit you?
- In 1-2 paragraphs, explain how you plan to share your experience at the Grace Hopper conference with others after you return, through WEECS or otherwise.
- If you submitted an application for the Anita Borg Grace Hopper Scholarship, you may submit your essay response for that application below. If you do, you are NOT required to answer questions 2 and 3.
Questions For Accepted Applicants